A Perfect Salad Recipe for Summer
Mandarin orange salad is both delicious and healthy.
Colorful salads add a fresh touch to any meal. They are prepared using vegetables so they are good for you. A new salad can be made everyday for healthful eating or can last two days if you make a large portion.
This is the time of year to purchase lots of fresh produce or you can grow your own.
Mandarin Orange Salad
- 1 head of lettuce or mixed greens (chop head in pieces)
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and chopped or sliced)
- 1 small bunch scallions-chopped
- 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet pepper--cut up and remove stem and seeds
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- dash of black pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Use a large bowl and put chopped vegetables listed or make your own mixture using what you like to eat in salad.
2. Toast almonds at 400 degrees in oven for 5-10 minutes.
3. Make dressing in a container that you can shake or stir to mix up and then pour onto your salad plate.
4. Add almonds on top if desired.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Salad is full of healthy antioxidants and nutrients. The vegetables have vitamins and minerals needed to live a healthy life. Have a salad with your next lunch or dinner meal. You will feel good about eating this dish. Let me know what you think by sending me a note on Patch.