A Recipe for Spicy Vegetable Soiree
Try this delicious zucchini squash recipe to add some flavor to your diet.
Zucchini squash is a tasty vegetable found in supermarkets year round. A medium size squash has only 25 calories and a high water content (over 95 percent) which makes it a perfect food for people on a diet.
It is also a good source of fiber, contains vitamin C and lutein, which are good for your eyesight. Here's a great dinner recipe to help your body function well.
Spicy Vegetable Soiree
- 3 zucchini--cut in chunks
- 1 onion--chopped
- 4 garlic cloves--chopped
- 4 medium size tomatoes--cut in chunks
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt, black pepper and oregano
- 2 long hot peppers--chopped
- (Optional) Add in--1 pound ground turkey--browned separately, then add to vegetables
1. Use a large frying pan with a cover and put olive oil in to cover bottom.
2. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Put in garlic, zucchini, tomato and peppers--cook on low/medium until vegetables soften.
4. Pour in can of sauce and sprinkle in the 3 seasonings to your taste (I pour a little of each across the top of the veggies--about 1/2 teaspoon of each).
5. Add cooked ground turkey if desired and simmer for about 1 hour or longer depending on your day.
6. You can serve by itself, with one pound of pasta mixed in or over cooked rice.
My family really enjoyed this dinner meal mixed with pasta. It came out medium spicy and you could just use one pepper chopped or none for milder sauce. If you are a vegetarian, this dish is also yummy without the addition of the turkey.
Zucchini is good for you so include it in your diet and enjoy. For more great easy recipes, my cookbook "Garlic...The Root Of It All" can be purchased through my Patch e-mail.
Just let me know how to get in touch with you and they are only $10 each. Please also send your comments to me under any recipes that you like. Bon appétit!