How Do I Make Indian Chicken Curry? Parts 1-5
The chefs at Delhi 6 in East Windsor give us a demonstration.
Welcome to "You Said It," East Windsor Patch’s daily video feature. Each week we’ll pose a new question and go out into the community to see what people in town have to say. A new video will be posted right here every afternoon Monday through Friday.
This week, we talked to Executive Chef Noddy Singh of Delhi 6 in East Windsor. He and his team showed us a recipe for chicken curry that you can try at home (scroll down for the full list of ingredients).
- Monday: Getting started
- Tuesday: Building up the base
- Wednesday: Adding chicken
- Thursday: Finishing the spices
- Friday: Serving and final tips
Chicken Curry (per 1 lbs. chicken)
- Garam masala — 2 pieces each of clove, cinnamon bark (small pieces), cardamom, bay leaf, black pepper kernels
- 3 Tb oil (Chef Singh uses soybean) over a high heat, along with two small pieces of ginger and garlic, chopped
- One medium-sized, chopped onion (Chef Singh uses red onions)
- One-and-a-half medium, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Cilantro (to taste)
- Water and about 2 Tsp yogurt (to add to base)