Middlesex County Fair Announces 2012 Schedule
The fair kicks off on Aug. 6, but sign up now for a variety of compeitions.
The Middlesex County Fair Association has announced the full schedule for the 2012 Middlesex County Fair, to be held at the Middlesex County Fairgrounds.
The fair, now in its 74th year, will showcase the county’s agricultural heritage through live animals and vintage farm equipment while offering a full schedule of rides, food, craft vendors, entertainers, live music, 4-H events, and home arts competitions.
The fair will be open Monday, Aug. 6 through Friday, Aug. 10 from 5 to 11 pm., Saturday, Aug. 11 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug.12 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The cost is $6 and there is free parking. Seniors 65 and over can get in for $4, and children three though 12 cost $1. Children under 3 may enter for free, as well as anyone who donates blood at the Blood Center of New Jersey truck located at the fair throughout the week.
“We are proud to provide Middlesex County with a family-friendly, reasonably-priced fair this year,” said Alan Habiak, president of the Middlesex County Fair Association. “More than 70,000 people join in the festivities each year, and we expect to continue our visitor growth this year as one of New Jersey’s largest county fairs.”
Fair week will commence on Monday with opening ceremonies led by WNBC-TV meteorologist Chris Cimino, followed by fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
Patrons are encouraged to visit the fair association’s website, www.middlesexcountyfair.com, which includes directions and parking information, as well as a full printable schedule of events, entertainment and vendors at the fair.
2012 Fair Highlights
Ride Ticket Prices
- Individual tickets – 75 cents each or 28 tickets for $20
- Pay One Price – Unlimited* rides for $20. Only for use on day purchased
- Mega Pass – Unlimited* rides for $40. Pass is good for all of fair week. Fair admission must still be paid each day
- More information: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/homepage/tickets
Sample of Daily Entertainment
- Barnyard Express – an interactive, educational agriculture show for young children that features live farm animals
- Hansen’s Spectacular Acrobatic Show – a show featuring acrobats performing stunts as high as 30 feet in the air
- Hilby The Skinny German Juggle Boy – a show featuring juggling, unicycle tricks, and fire manipulations
- Full list of entertainment is available at: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/events
- Monday – Sibling Rivalry
- Tuesday – Amish Outlaws, Chelsea Carlson
- Wednesday – Jo Wymer, Sofia Nicole
- Thursday – Nikki Britt
- Friday – Andy Gibson
- Saturday –After the Reign
- Sunday – IOU, Thrill Ride
For a full list of entertainment visit http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/events
- Pre-Registration Deadline: Saturday, July 28, 2012
- Entry Day: Sunday, Aug. 5, 2012 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visit the fair website (www.middlesexcountyfair.com) or your local library to see the hundreds of classes in 14 divisions you may enter, and to obtain an entry form
- There are separate divisions for adults, children (by age) and special participants
- You do not have to live in Middlesex County to enter. Everyone is welcome
- All entries remain on display in the Home Arts building for the duration of the fair
- E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also register (forms will be available) at the fairgrounds when you bring your items on entry day
- More information: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/competitions/home-arts
- Annual 4-H Kids Night - A free event that includes cupcake decorating, face painting, balloon animals, demonstrations and crafts
- 4-H Craft Workshop - Open to the public. Families are invited to come and make fun and easy crafts. Appropriate for all ages
- 4-H Animal Displays - Visit the many animals 4-H members show at the fair. As always, there will be guinea pig and rabbit races in the small animal tent
- Ask the Trainer - Calling all dog owners! 4-H dog trainers will be on hand to answer questions in the 4-H dog ring
- 4-H Rhythm in Motion Cloggers - Come join us and learn what clogging is all about! Cloggers will be showing their skills and giving dance lessons throughout fair week
- More information: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/competitions/4-h
Farmer of the Year
- Roman W. Clark, Jr.
- More information: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/news/community-outreach/farmer-of-the-year
Volunteer of the Year
- Alida Martin
- More information: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/about/volunteer/volunteer-of-the-year
Entry Information for Charity Challenge
- Non-profit organizations may set up a jug to collect donations at the Charity Challenge table during fair week
- The program is open to all non-profits in Middlesex County that are able to produce an IRS tax-exempt determination letter
- The charity with the most money by Sunday at 6 p.m. receives an additional $500 from Bonamici, Colletti, Solitario & Tierney CPAs of Spotswood
- Those wishing to enter should write to the Middlesex County Fair Association at PO Box 400, Milltown, N.J. 08850 with the charity name, contact name, phone number, email, and IRS tax-exempt determination letter
- More information and entry form: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/news/charity-challenge
Entry Information for King and Queen/Prince and Princess of the Fair Nominations
- Entries must be submitted by Aug. 4
- More information and entry form: http://www.middlesexcountyfair.com/competitions/king-and-queen