Recipe: Chicken Salad Pita Pockets
A healthy lunch for someone on the go.
While trying to eat healthier I came up with this quick lunch idea. To save time, grill the chicken ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use. You can also dice the onions in advance to cut down on time if you are on the go.
- 1 Chicken Breast, grilled then diced
- Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Mini Whole Wheat Pita Pockets (I used Wegman’s brand)
- 2 tbsp. Low Fat Mayonnaise
Marinade the chicken in the balsamic vinaigrette for a few hours then cook thoroughly on the grill. In a bowl, combine the grilled diced chicken, onion and mayo. Stuff the pita pockets with the chicken salad and tomatoes. I served mine with Cheez-It Right Bite Cheddar Party Mix.