Weekend Guide: Art Reception in Cranbury
Farmers markets, Town Hall Meeting with Rush Holt and Frankie Valli tribute band.
The Gourgaud Gallery will hold an art reception for "All About the Birds” the Art of Necati Itez on Sunday, beginning at 1 p.m.
The paintings include interesting and unusual birds of this country with a landscape as background. Most of the 30 paintings on exhibit are in acrylic, but some are painted in watercolor. The exhibit is on display through Aug. 26.
Friday, Aug. 3:
- Pushcart Players will present Cuentos Del Arbol "Tree Tales," at 10 a.m. at Grace Norton Rogers School.
- The Cranbury Farmers' Market will take place from noon to 4 p.m. at Park Place West on Grass Common Area. Items for sale include fruits and vegetables, honey, baked goods, flowers and crafts.
- The Hightstown Farmers Market will be open from 4 to 8 p.m. at Hightstown Memorial Park. In addition to vendors selling fresh goods, the market also offers live music and paddle boat rides in Peddie Lake.
Saturday, Aug. 4:
- Rep. Rush Holt (D-Hopewell Township) will hold a town hall-style meeting at Cranbury Town Hall, starting at 10 a.m. Holt will discuss issues affecting the community such as job creation, Medicare and prescription drugs, education and others.
Sunday, Aug. 5:
- Rag Doll, a Franke Valli and the Four Seasons tribute band, will perform a concert at Etra Lake State Park, beginning at 6 p.m. Fans can expect hits such as "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man."