Weekend Guide: Chinese Culture Program
Live music, fish fry and Easter services.
The Hickory Corner Branch of the Mercer County Library will present an Introduction to Traditional Chinese Culture & Shen Yun Performing Arts on April 7 at 2 p.m.
The program will offer lessons about 5,000 years of traditional Chinese culture, myths and legends. It will focus on Chinese history, classic stories, rich traditions and diverse art forms. Gloria Gao of Shen Yun Performing Arts, a premier classical Chinese music and dance company, will host the program. Call 609-448-1330 to register.
Friday, April 6:
- An inter-denominational Good Friday service will be held at Cranbury United Methodist Church at 12:15 p.m. St. David's Episcopal Church will conduct the Stations of the Cross at 3 p.m. and present a Passion Play and Proper Liturgy for Good Friday from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.
- The Hightstown Elks Lodge will hold a fish fry, featuring fish, shrimp or salmon with pasta and marinara or clam sauce. Includes salad and dessert. Dinner costs $9 per person, kids under five eat for free.
Saturday, April 7:
- St. David's Episcopal Church will hold an Easter Vigil, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The services will feature baptism and prayers over the New Fire and Paschal Candle, Holy Eucharist.
- The band Simple Groove will perform at the Station Bar & Grill, beginning at 9 p.m.
Sunday, April 9:
- St. David's Episcopal Church will hold Easter Sunday Services with Choral Holy Eucharist at 9 and 11 a.m.