Weekend Guide: Cranbury Tree Lighting
HHS Music Boosters fundraiser, Chloent and learn and Holiday Boutique and Fine Art Sale
The Women’s Club of Cranbury's Annual Tree Lighting event is Friday night at the Cranbury Fire Company. There will be crafts and activities, traditional carols with The Cranbury Brass Band and a surprise visit from Santa Claus, according to the Township's website. Some activities for children include visiting Mrs. Claus’ kitchen, going to the Reindeer Flight School and seeing Santa’s Workshop.
Kelly Coyle, a cadette Girl Scout, has been working with the Women's Club on the tree lighting event as her silver award project. There will also be a Toys for Tots collection to help less fortunate children have a better Christmas, the website said.
Coyle and Girl Scout troops in the area are creating eco-friendly ornaments for songbirds to feed on during the winter.
The event runs from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Friday, Dec. 2:
- The Hightstown High School Music Boosters will host a fundraiser at the Hamilton Marketplace Barnes and Noble from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Hightstown High School students will provide entertainment at the Hamilton store.
Saturday, Dec. 3
- Rimon, the Mordecai T. Mezrich Center for Jewish Learning will host a Chloent and learn event, the last in a three-part series, from 12:15 to 1 p.m. The event will feature text based discussions along with and hot Cholent.
- Santa will read “'Twas the Night Before Christmas” at the Hightstown Memorial Branch of the Mercer County Library from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Registration is required.
Sunday, Dec. 4:
- The Cranbury Lions Club is holding their 64th Annual Pancake Breakfast at the Cranbury School from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $8 per person and $4 for children under 10.
- The Art Station Studios is hosting their Holiday Boutique and Fine Art Sale from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The sale features painting, pottery, drawing, collage, sculpture and more.