Weekend Guide: Environmental Fair
Mad science, "Dress Up" for charity and a cross-cultural concert
St. Anthony of Padua Church is hosting an Environmental Fair on April 14, from 9 a.m. to noon.
The fair will offer exhibits on organic gardening, crafts using recycled materials, bird feeders and nesting materials, worm farms and other displays to help families protect and enjoy the environment.
A puppet show with Rainbow and Mr. T will take place at 10 a.m.
For more information, call 609-448-0141 or go to www.stanthony-hightstown.net.
Friday, April 13:
- A Mad Science Workshop with the theme "Detective Stories" will take place at the Hightstown Memorial Branch of the Mercer County Library, beginning at 10:30 a.m. For children ages five to 10. Registration is requested.
- Diana P. Lang Photography is hosting a free "Dress Up" Mini Session, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The session is free, donations of gift cards for people living in Tent City who have no home are requested. Call 609-462-1519 to reserve a spot.
Saturday, April 14:
- The Twin Rivers Branch of Mercer County Library will host an Introduction to E-Readers class, beginning at 2 p.m. Try one of the library's e-readers or bring in your own for assistance. Registration is required.
- The Twin Rivers Writing Group will meet at the Twin Rivers Branch of Mercer County Library will meet at 2 p.m. Bring five pages of a work-in-progress to discuss with other writers. For adults only.
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church will host a concert titled "Cross-Cultural Journeys" at 7 p.m. The performance will feature Latin American music from the colonial period and the dictatorships, Sephardic music and contemporary American music. The concert will also feature songs from the New Song movement, which developed as part of social and political activism in Latin America beginning in the 1960s. The concert's program will include the world premiere of "Desert Song" by Lynn Gumert.
Sunday, April 15:
- A beginning knitting class starts at 2 p.m. at the Hickory Corner Branch of the Mercer County Library. Don't forget to bring a pair of #8 knitting needles and yarn.