Weekend Guide: Family Night in East Windsor Park
Art exhibit, farmers markets, meditation workshop.
East Windsor Township will present a Family Night in the Park, featuring a large-screen viewing of “Dolphin Tale" on Aug. 11 at Etra Lake Park.
The evening will begin at 7 p.m. with inflatable rides, games and vendors. “Dolphin Tale” is inspired by the true story of a brave dolphin and the compassionate strangers who banded together to save her life. Swimming free, a young dolphin is caught in a crab trap, severely damaging her tail.
Other weekend events include...
Friday, Aug. 10:
- “All About the Birds” the Art of Necati Itez is on display at the Gourgaud Gallery, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The paintings include unusual birds of this country with a landscape as background.
- The Cranbury Farmers' Market will take place from noon to 4 p.m. at Park Place West on Grass Common Area. Items for sale include fruits and vegetables, honey, baked goods, flowers and crafts.
- The Hightstown Farmers Market will be open from 4 to 8 p.m. at Hightstown Memorial Park. In addition to vendors selling fresh goods, the market also offers live music and paddle boat rides in Peddie Lake.
Saturday, Aug. 11:
- The Hickory Corner Branch library is hosting an Art of Living: Mind and Meditation introductory workshop, beginning at 10 a.m. Registration is required.
- The Twin Rivers Writing Group will meet at the Twin Rivers Branch of the Mercer County Library at 2 p.m. Adult are invited to bring five pages of a work-in-progress to discuss with other writers.