Weekend Guide: Hightstown Borough Clean-Up
Musical performance, bingo night, and a historical walk
The Hightstown Environmental Commission is holding its semi-annual Borough-wide clean-up Saturday at 11 a.m. Following the damage and debris cause by Hurricane Irene and other major rain, the commission encourages everyone to help.
Participants are asked to help clean up trash and debris that was deposited around the area. The group will meet at 11 a.m. in the Borough Hall parking lot and participants are asked to bring gloves.
Friday, Nov. 5:
- The Cranbury Township Recycle Shed will be collecting unwanted E-waste and white goods from noon to 3 p.m. at 100 Dey Rd.
- Young children and their guardians are invited to join the Hightstown Memorial Branch, Mercer County Library at a musical event with Kim Yarson. The performance begins at 10:30 a.m., and registration is required.
Saturday, Nov. 6:
- Hightstown High School’s Afterprom Committee is hosting a bingo event from 6 to 10 p.m. in the school’s cafeteria. For $20, participants receive four boards to play. Must be 18 or older to play.
- Participants of National Novel Writing Month are invited to come to Twin Rivers Branch, Mercer County Library for a quiet place to sit and work on their novels from noon to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 7:
- A reception for the Gourgaud Gallery's latest exhibit titled “Suburban Artist Guild Mixed Media Presentation” will be held at Cranbury Town Hall. The exhibit is open from 1 to 3 p.m. and available for viewing through Nov. 27.
- The Cranbury Historical and Preservation Society is hosting a walking tour of historic Cranbury from 1:30 to 3 p.m. All are welcome, and donations are suggested.