Weekend Guide: Hightstown Paws Walk
Yoga, drug-free fair, town hall meeting among events this weekend.
Hightstown will hold its Sixth Annual Paws Walk on Saturday at 10 a.m. in Association Park.
The day will feature vendors, refreshments and the second season of Hightstown's "Doggie Idol." Area rescue groups will be there -- come and meet your new animal companion.
Admission for dogs is $15, humans are free.
Friday, May 18:
- The Hightstown Memorial Library is holding a Picture Your Pets Reading contest. Celebrate reading during May by submitting a photo of your pet reading. One random photo will win a book from Amazon.com. Photos accepted until May 19.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5700 is holding a community supper and soup kitchen at 4:30 p.m. at Post 5700.
Saturday, May 19:
- Cranbury Township is offering a Medical Equipment Collection drive, beginning at 9 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church of Hightstown. Gently used, durable medical equipment will be collected until noon.
- The Hightstown Memorial Branch of the Mercer County Library will host a town hall meeting with council members Rob Thibault and Susan Bluth at 10 a.m.
- The Heroes and Princesses of West Windsor will be at Windsor Nissan, beginning at noon. Members of the East Windsor Volunteer Fire Company and contestants from Miss New Jersey World will be greeting visitors. There will also be raffles, refreshments and a fire truck on display.
- The Twin Rivers Branch of the Mercer County Library will present an introduction to yoga and meditation program beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- The Cranbury School will host a Drug-Free Fair beginning at 3 p.m. Activities include a rock-climbing wall, inflatables, crafts, balloon artists and a strolling magician. There will also be food vendors and information tables for kids and parents.
- The Mystery Book Club at Hickory Corner Branch library will hold its organizational meeting at 3 p.m.