Transportation workers who had perfect attendance last year and staff members who have provided 25 years of service were recognized at Monday’s Board of Education meeting.
“They’re [the transportation workers] the first ones there in the morning. They’re there when the lights are out, when the rain is coming down … they make the effort to be there everyday. I find it awesome,” said Ingrid Reitano, transportation supervisor.
Principals and supervisors of each of the staff members spoke about the 25 years of service each employee provided to the district.
Transportation workers who were recognized for perfect attendance last year included:
- Zoran Arsenovic, bus driver
- Karen de Angelis, van attendant
- Willie Mack, bus driver
- William Power, bus driver
- Martin Tobias, bus driver
- Charles Burt, bus driver
- Helen Letizia, van attendant
- Dianna Moore, driver
- Jean Prophete, bus driver
- Margaret Storey, van attendant
Staff members who were recognized for 25 years of service included:
- Terri McCall, Grace N. Rogers Elementary School
- Lisa Handel, Walter C. Black Elementary School
- Gail Zorowitz, Perry L. Drew Elementary School
- Ronnie Katz, Turning Point
- Cheryl Saft, Grace N. Rogers Elementary School
- Diane Cox, Ethel McKnight Elementary School
- Sharon Ridge, Melvin H. Kreps Middle School
- Robert Fell, Buildings and Grounds