The East Windsor Board of Education recognized individuals and businesses who donated to the East Windsor Regional School District at their Feb. 11 meeting. These donations have helped to support school events and awards at Hightstown High School.
The FIRST Robotics Team received substantial financial support in monetary donations from two donors. Frederick Egenolf, Director of Community Affairs for Bristol-Myers Squibb, arranged a donation of $6,000.00. Gregory Charache of TRUMPF Photonics, Inc. arranged a donation of $1,500.00. Both these contributions had a significant impact on the competition entry fees and project development costs.
Brian Neer made a $400.00 donation to the Life Skills Scholarship of the high school. The scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior from the Life Skills Program who is planning on continuing his/her education.
The Red Cross Club held a Holiday Party for children in the community during the month of December. This party is highly attended and greatly supported by local businesses donating toys, food items, gift certificates, monetary donations, and beauty supplies.
The following are the companies that made these donations:
- A & M - Kathy Acolia
- Anthony's Chicken & Grill - Jennifer Mays
- Bagel Bazaar of Monroe- Paul Sallas
- Chartwells Food Service - Diane Tomori
- Chicken Holiday - Carmine & Tony Petito
- Clairmont Diner - Mike Ydris
- Conair - Lisa Zigre
- CVS Pharmacy - Lisa Jackson
- Dairy Queen - George Vardakis Jr.
- Domino's Pizza - JMC Holdings LLC
- Dunkin Donuts - Rakesh Shah
- El Rancho Buffet & Restaurant - Joel and Sonia Marcos
- Hightstown Diner - Terry Parliaros
- Hightstown Hot Bagels - Hesham Tawsek
- Lee's Turkey Farm - Ronnie Lee
- Let's Yo Yogurt - Jim Emrich
- McDonald's - Chabel Bundy
- Moe's Southwest Grille - Bhadresh Patel
- Multiplex Cinema - Ms. Daniels
- Perkins Family Restaurant - John Eenette & Eric Rousaas
- Radhika Beauty Salon -Prapti Patel
- Reflections - June Shimko
- Rite Aid - Katie Medaglia
- Salad Works of Marlboro - Mr. Bajaj
- Sal's Pizza - Marianna Scavo
- Shiseido America, Inc. – Ed Houlihan - President
- Shop Rite – Foodarama - Cristine Savage-Burns
- South Pacific - Shelley Lightman
- Subway - Murili Sharavanbavan
- Tony's Farm & Garden Center - Chris & Tom Ciaccio
- Wal-Mart - Kathy Coleman
- Wendy's - Robert Cammarano
The Board of Education greatly appreciates the generosity and interest shown by these individuals and businesses to the students of the East Windsor Regional School District.