The honored the student members of ’s Family Career and Consumer Leaders of America (FCCLA) student organization at the June 6 school board meeting.
FCCLA is a career technical student organization that has family as its central focus. Its mission is to promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer science education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family members, such as wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge and career preparation. The organization provides challenging competitive events, valuable leadership workshops, and exciting state conferences for its members.
Teacher Denise Stoby advises the Hightstown High School chapter. Under her guidance and tutelage, six of the club members achieved medals at the recent FCCLA State Leadership Conference. The students recognized for their achievements were:
- Marisa Leon Cruz for earning a silver medal in Recycle/Redesign
- Samantha Santos for earning a silver medal in Personal Patchwork
- Aakanksha Malesha and Brian D’Souza for earning silver medals in Cake Decorating
- Alex Jarama for earning a silver medal in Bread Basics
- Jack Smith for earning a silver medal in Luncheon Menu
This information was provided by the East Windsor Regional School District.